The artist at work. Personalizing a leatherbound journal.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

EGYPTAIN CIGARETTE TIN WATERCOLOR SET

I am always on the lookout for a vintage watercolor set or an old watercolor tin. I recently ran across this old tin Egyptian Cigarette box in an antique store. While not a watercolor tin, I like the way it looked with it's old faded colors and nice patina. I decided to buy it and turn it into my personal watercolor set. I added  the Windsor-Newton / Cotman watercolors, some of my personal ivory handles for brush ferrules and a couple of handmade dip pens for scroll work on the fraktur that I paint. I hope that you enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed putting it together and painting with it. Let me know what you think about it.
Closed M. Melachrino & Co. cigarette tin
Another view of the tin

Inside of the tin showing it's contents.

Ivory handles for the brush ferrules, 
handmade dip pens, 
a water siphon and a tin of china white.

No comments: